about the course
A comprehensive course on how to develop and implement an environmental management system (EMS) based on the requirements of ISO 14001:2015.
ISO 14001:2015 is the world’s leading environmental management standard used by approximately 300,000 organisations to reduce their environmental impact, increase efficiency, save resources and understand the impact of the environment on their business.
The prime objective of this training course is to provide individuals with enough support to enable them to deal confidently and competently with environmental management in the work place.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND THE COURSE
Anyone involved in commissioning, designing, implementing, maintaining or auditing an environmental management system.
Main learning objectives
- Identify the purpose and benefits of an Environmental Management System.
- Understand the structure of ISO 14001:2015 and its link to other standards.
- Develop an environmental policy based on an organisation’s context.
- Identify business risks, environmental aspects and compliance obligations and assess their significance.
- Develop environmental objectives and action plans.
- Understand environmental responsibilities and competence requirements.
- Develop operational controls taking a life-cycle perspective.
- Understand the requirements for documented information.
- Evaluate the performance of the Environmental Management System and take action to continually improve.
- ISO 14001
programme duration, preparation & materials
This is a 3-day course that will include practical exercises and an assessment. Copies of the programme materials will be provided and delegates will receive a certificate of attendance upon successful programme completion.
Certificate awarded on successful completion of the course.