About The Course
This 6 months ‘Asset Management Programme’ has been designed for leaders who are looking to make a step change in their business and improve performance of their assets. The course provides the opportunity for delegates to not only learn how but also implement improvements in their workplace. We provide guidance and support through the six months to help delegates in this journey.
Who should attend
Senior Executives, Plant Managers, Maintenance Managers, Engineering Manager, Operations Managers, Asset Managers, Engineering and Maintenance Staff, H&S Managers, Quality Managers.
Main Learning Objectives
- Fundamentals of Asset Management.
- Factors to consider when establishing, implementing, maintaining and continually improving asset performance that underpin business profitability.
- How to integrate asset management in the broader governance and risk framework.
- A structured approach to development, coordination and control of activities undertaken on the plant.
- Alignment of assets management activities with the organisational objectives.
- Identify performance indicators to assess the health of plant e.g. plant reliability.
- How risk management is implemented to ensure that hazards are identified and risks are assessed, recorded and managed on an ongoing basis – risk control and loss prevention.
- How to implement business directives to identify, engage, deploy and manage resources, including suitably competent personnel.
- Monitor the effectiveness of assets in fulfilling business objectives via performance metrics, leading and lagging indicators and internal and external audits – effective P&L (profit and loss) management.
ISO 55000 (series), ISO 31000
Programme Duration, Preparation and Material
This programme consists of 5-day class-room based training and 6 months practical project.
- Fundamental concepts and benefits of asset management
- Context of the organisation and asset life-cycle
- Management commitment and leadership
- Roles and responsibly
- Risk management
- Setting strategy and objectives
- Competence, training and awareness
- Communication, information and documentation control
- Supplier management
- Turnarounds / Outages
- Management of change
- Emergency and events
- Performance monitoring
- Incident investigation
- Internal Audits
- Non-conformance, corrective and preventative actions
- Management Review
- Continuous Improvement
Self Assessment 2 weeks - Review asset management maturity of your business based on tool-kit provided
Asset Management Workshop 2 days - Facilitated workshop to review the 'Self Assessment' findings and develop an improvement plan for the business. Each delegate chooses an improvement project to complete in their own business area.
Interim Review - Interim report provided by each delegate on their project.
Benefit Realisation - At the end of 6 months delegates present their project outcome. Final certificates issued.
CPD Certificate awarded on successful completion of the course